Personal Data Protection Policy
Prelude Music Studio Pte Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Prelude Music Studio Pte Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 May 2020.
About This Policy
Prelude Music Studio Pte Ltd – (“the School”) – is committed to comply with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2012 in protecting students and parents’ personal information that has been processed by the School. This document informs you of the School’s policy and practices on data privacy matters, before you provide your personal data to the School. The word “You” or any derivation thereof, as used herein refers to owner of the personal data, which include both the student and the parent/legal guardian of the child.
Source of Your Personal Data
Most, if not all, of your personal data was obtained from you directly, either from the following sources or from any other information you provided and this may include:
• Enquiry Form
• Registration/Application Forms
• All other School and/or support services related Request Forms;
• Previous qualification related documents and/or certificates
In some instances, your personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not restricted to the following:
• From third parties such as previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
• Third party service providers and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above;
• Personal data which are available in the public domain.
What Personal Data Do We Process?
The School needs to collect and process your child’s and your personal data for various academic, educational and administrative purposes. Generally, the personal data that we collect and process include but is not restricted to:
• Identification number (NRIC) / Passport number, Visa pass
• Contact numbers
• Personal email address
• Residential address
• Photo and images
• Student’s Gender
• Date of birth
• Previous qualifications
• Parents’/guardian’s name
• Emergency contact person(s) details
• Billing related information
If the personal data is necessary to initiate any matter with the School, and you refuse to provide the personal data to the School, then the School will not be able to proceed further with your matter.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that we collect and process may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the Act and these include, but not restricted to:
• Race, religion, health, records of misconduct and disciplinary action, records of criminal offence, family court orders
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by the School and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without your explicit consent unless it is necessary to protect your vital interests or requested by government agencies.
How Do We Use Personal Data?
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
• To process application for admission
• To manage and respond to enquiries
• To maintain students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records
• To facilitate co-curricular related activities and other school events
• To maintain a student/class register
• To provide the relevant administrative support
• To register for external music board examinations
• To administer the tuition fee and other payment
• To communicate with students/parents/guardians on any important announcements
• To collect information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or exam boards
• To contact student’s next of kin in case of emergency
• To comply with any regulatory, audit or security related requirements
• To pursue/collect any sums in arrears by student’s parents/guardians
• To maintain health & medical safety of all students
• Any other purposes related to the smooth running of the School
Provision of Information
The provision of all information requested for in the relevant forms of the School is mandatory, unless specified otherwise, in enabling us to process your application/request and offer our services to you.
Should you fail to provide the said information, the School may be unable to process your request and/or provide you with the relevant services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The School will keep your personal data confidential unless you have given the written consent to such disclosure or it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws/guidelines. The School may disclose your information to the categories of third parties as listed below (not restricted to):
• The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments/agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators
• The student’s sponsors including his/her parents/guardians
• Examination boards
• Third parties appointed by the School to provide services to the School such as auditors, lawyers, contractors, printing companies, travel agencies, training organiser and insurance companies
• Other institutions or companies within Prelude Music Studio Pte Ltd
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will attempt to keep your records complete, accurate and up-to-date. If you have any reason to believe that your records with us are inaccurate, incomplete or not updated, please notify the School in a timely manner. If you wish to request for access to, or to correct data held by the School, or withdraw your consent to the data processing/use of your personal data by us, please forward your request to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Although, we only process your personal data for purposes as stated above, in the event that your personal data is being processed for other purposes (with your consent), you have the right to request us to stop such processing. You may exercise this right by emailing to the Data Protection Officer. However, if you choose not to provide and/or fail to supply us with such personal data (and/or decide not to give us consent to process your personal data, including explicit consent for sensitive personal data), we will not be able to perform the contract of enrolment or process your application for enrolment with us.
Accordingly, if you decide not to provide the mandatory information to us, it may necessarily mean that classes for the student may have to be terminated or that an offer of a place of enrolment will not be made.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Amendments to This Policy
This Policy may be reviewed and amended from time to time. We will communicate such changes along with the updated Policy on the School website: https://www.prelude.com.sg and/or other appropriate communication means as may be determined by the School. Parents and students are advised to visit the School website on a regular basis to check for any updates and changes on this Notice.
Privacy Contact Information